Affirm the Dignity & Humanity of All People: Drop the I-word!
The Applied Research Center and Colorlines.org have launched a public education campaign to eradicate the use of “illegals” from every-day use and public discourse. The i-word is a dehumanizing racial slur that opens the door to racial profiling and violence, and prevents a respectful and genuine debate on immigration. Join NNIRR and urge your co-workers, neighbors, friends, and allies to Drop the I-Word and affirm the dignity and humanity of all people!
- Take the Pledge to drop the i-word!
- Get your organization to take the pledge.
- Write a letter to the editor. See a sample letter.
- Visit the campaign website.
- Download resources & find out what else you can do!