A New Bilingual Children’s Book Benefits NNIRR
Artists, authors and musicians have helped us all along the way, dedicating art, books and songs to raise funds for our work. The latest?
A new bilingual children’s book with beautiful illustrations…
“I Am Not a Bear | Yo no soy oso”
Bay Area local author/illustrator K.D. Keenan has written a bilingual children’s book, self-published on lulu.com where all profits from the book’s sales go to NNIRR.
“I have been deeply distressed by the plight of immigrants at our southern border, especially by the children who have been wrenched away from their families,” commented Ms. Keenan, “I am grateful to NNIRR for giving me the opportunity to contribute to the relief of immigrant families, and I hope ‘I Am Not a Bear | Yo no soy oso’ will entertain and delight many young children.”
Check out this sweet story and consider buying a copy for the little ones in your life here
You can read more on the collaboration between the author and NNIRR here. Thank you, K.D. Keenan!
+ + + + + + + +
Other ways to consider giving this spring:
- Become a sustainer! Spread your giving out over the year with monthly or quarterly donations. Choose “Recurring” contribution on our donate page
- Give a one-time donation on our online donate page
- Buy some NNIRR merch: Just Borders t-shirts, cookbooks, wristbands and more on NNIRR’s shop
- Launch a Facebook birthday fundraiser FB will ask you when your birthday gets close if you want to celebrate by asking friends to support a cause you care about. You can also start one any time at https://www.facebook.com/fund/NNIRR
- Ask about workplace giving & employer match Check to see if your employer has a workplace-giving program. Many employers encourage giving through payroll deductions or other giving tools, and some even match employee giving, increasing your impact! Examples of workplace programs include: Benevity, Your Cause or Network for Good online giving platform. If you know of other good workplace giving programs, let us know!
- Use Amazon Smile If you buy on Amazon, consider signing up for Amazon Smile, a program that donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the registered nonprofit organization of your choice. Link to NNIRR’s Amazon Smile here.
- Sell on eBay and give a % to NNIRR Sellers on ebay can choose a registered nonprofit and then specify a percentage of their item’s sales to that organization. To Find NNIRR on eBay-charity go here.
- Use Paypal Giving
Connected to ebay charity, if you’d like to give but don’t want to sell on ebay, you can also give directly to NNIRR through paypal giving fund here.
A haiku that we hope inspires spring giving to NNIRR…
We are always thankful for your support!