On #GivingTuesday and during the holiday season, support NNIRR!
#GivingTuesday #HumanRights #4RightsatBorders #GrassrootsOrganizing #Solidarity #MigrantRights
#GivingTuesday 2021 is November 30, 2021. A day for online social justice giving. We hope you will consider a gift to NNIRR on this day or anytime during the holiday season.
Your partnership and solidarity are needed more than ever. It has been another whirlwind year for migrant communities and human rights advocates with some wins and way too many setbacks. The multiple crises impacting migrant communities require our constant support, vigilance and response and 2022 promises opportunities for organizing and advocacy.
Thank you for joining us this past year—to demand an end to the unlawful practices put in place by anti-immigrant extremists under the last presidency, such as Title 42 and Migrant Protection Protocols, and for opposing the treatment of Haitian migrants and the continuing deportations. Events over these past few months have shown to the world what we have been saying happens daily in the U.S.-Mexico border region —routine denial of human rights and due process, as a result of the militarization and racist policies that criminalize and dehumanize migrants and refugees. This is no accident. U.S. immigration and border policies are meant to be deeply dysfunctional. They are rooted in historical racism and xenophobia, and must be challenged.
Thanks to your support, NNIRR launched Spotlight Mapping and Documentation for Human Rights on the Borderlands. We are tracking the impact of current policies on communities at the U.S.-Mexico border, and lifting up local voices and leadership in order to respond and organize for rights-centered policy change.
The power of our movement is growing. With pressure and intersectional organizing, substantive change is possible.
On #GivingTuesday 2021, please support NNIRR.
We depend on grassroots donations to fuel our mission. There are several ways to give:
- Be a sustainer. Sign up for a monthly or quarterly donation: A gift of $5 or $10 or $50 a month/quarter helps sustain our work!
- Give a one-time donation. Every contribution goes a long way.
- Double your impact! Gifts donated through Facebook on November 30 will be matched, and every dollar goes to NNIRR. Go here and click on the Giving Tuesday fundraiser to donate!
- Enroll in workplace giving: Many employers will match your giving., Inquire to see if your workplace offers this option directly or through programs such as: Benevity, Your Cause, Creating Healthier Communities, and others.
- Share this email and our social media posts with your friends, family and community.
We are so thankful for your past support and hope you will stand with NNIRR today with a year-end donation for our work for human rights.
With peace and solidarity this holiday season,
~ Alma, Jen and the NNIRR Board of Directors